There’s nothing like a beautiful pair of brand new, immaculate, bright white sneakers. However, it is the shoes that get dirty the quickest and lose their shine overnight. We know how important your favorite sneakers are to you in addition to always being in fashion. That’s why today we’ll share some tips with you to make them look like new again. Here’s how to whiten sneakers in the following lines.
Here’s how to whiten sneakers, these timeless and versatile shoes
As white sneakers tend to quickly lose their shine, deteriorate and turn yellow, you need to have a few tips on hand to keep them looking new for as long as possible. But, it’s not enough to just clean the shoes. Laces are part of this too. You will therefore have to include them in the cleaning. Now let’s look at the tips for getting back your shiny shoes from yesteryear.
Natural Tips for Cleaning White Sneakers Without Damaging Them
Let’s start with our favorite natural products, baking soda and white vinegar. Why use chemicals and toxic products when you will obtain the same result without harming your health? In addition, this powder, perfect for all kinds of stains, will not damage your shoes. So, let’s get to cleaning.
- First, dampen an old toothbrush.
- Sprinkle the sneakers with the powder and start rubbing them carefully using circular movements.
- If there are persistent stains, you can add a drop of dishwashing liquid and scrub again.
- Wipe the shoes with a clean, damp cloth.
Clean shoes with baking soda
You can’t do without vinegar. It’s a miracle for stubborn stains.
- In a bucket, add white vinegar and water in a 1:2 ratio and stir.
- Put your white sneakers on it and start scrubbing gently with a soft-bristle brush.
- Finish cleaning by wiping the shoes with a clean, damp sponge.
If you’re short on time, you can always use the good old white eraser to remove dirt. All you need to do is gently scrub the stains on the soles of your sneakers.
Do not hesitate to use the good old white eraser to remove dirt
For canvas sneakers, we advise you to use baby powder. Be aware that talcum powder acts like baking soda. It eliminates stains and bad odors at the same time.
- In a small bowl, pour a spoonful of baby powder and add a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Take some with an old toothbrush and scrub the sneakers thoroughly.
- Then leave the solution to work for 20-30 minutes.
- Rub with a cloth to remove the dried paste.
Using baby powder for canvas sneakers
Here is another natural and very effective product for cleaning white sneakers.
- Moisten the shoes.
- Impregnate an old toothbrush with the famous soap and start gently scrubbing the shoes.
- Finally, rinse with clean water and let the sneakers air dry.
Marseille soap is very effective for cleaning white sneakers
To restore shine to your white shoes, you can use soda crystals. This is another 100% natural way to remove stains.
- In a container, pour 1 liter of hot water and add six spoonfuls of soda crystals. Stir so the crystals dissolve.
- Dip a soft-bristled brush in it and scrub the shoes gently.
- Wipe the sneakers with a clean damp cloth.
- Finally, let them air dry.
Use soda crystals to restore shine to your white shoes
The last piece of advice we can give you is to use good old toothpaste. Before you start, make sure the toothpaste is completely white. Let’s see how it works on stains.
- Lightly dampen the sneaker covering.
- Put some toothpaste on an old toothbrush, gently scrub the stains and leave for 10-12 minutes.
- Wipe the shoes with a clean cloth.
Toothpaste is just as effective
White sneakers tend to quickly lose their shine, deteriorate and turn yellow
White sneakers are the shoes that get dirty the fastest and lose their shine overnight