As caps have somewhat specific shapes, it is good to maintain them with care. Indeed, their cleaning is a task that requires know-how to prevent the hats from deforming due to an inadequate process. Discover without delay how to wash a cap without damaging it in the following lines.
Here’s how to wash a cap without damaging it
To preserve the specific shape of the structured elements of a cap, it is necessary to know how to properly clean and maintain it. Even if you only wear your hat a few times a year, it collects dust and dirt. This is why it must be refreshed from time to time. To do this, know that it is recommended to take a look at the label of the cap before taking care of the cleaning. Whether by hand or machine, cleaning the hat should be done carefully so as not to damage the fabric or the shape of the cap.
Whether by hand or by machine, the cleaning of the hat must be carried out in a careful manner.
How to wash a cap by hand?
Take into account that the manual washing of a cap is a simple and effective procedure to remove dirt without damaging the article. The latter will keep its shape and color intact.
- First, shake the hat well to remove dust. If there are hairs, you can use a lint roller to remove them.
- Next, fill a bucket with cool water, add a few drops of laundry detergent and stir. If there are stains on the fabric of the cap, apply a drop of detergent to it and gently scrub with your fingers or an old toothbrush. Put the hat in the bucket and wiggle it around to thoroughly soak it in the soapy solution.
- Let the hat soak for 10-15 minutes and check for any visible stains. If so, scrub them again and let sit another 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with clean, cold water. Wring without damaging the shape (do not squeeze the edge) and pat with a lint-free towel. For maximum water absorption, place a clean, dry, lint-free towel inside the hat and allow to air dry.
Manual washing of a cap is a simple and effective procedure for removing dirt without damaging the hat
To avoid damaging your cap, check the label. If it is not forbidden to wash the hat in the washing machine, you can do so. Otherwise, it is better to avoid this method.
- First, choose a delicate program and cold water, as well as the slowest possible spin speed. Do not use the dryer to dry the cap at the end of the cycle.
- If there are visible stains, pre-treat them with laundry detergent or pre-treat product. Avoid washing jeans or other heavy items with the cap so as not to damage the shape of the hat. You can wash the hat alone, with other caps or with other lightweight pieces.
- At the end of the cycle, take the cap out and fill it with a clean, dry, lint-free towel and allow the hat to air dry so that it does not shrink or become deformed.
Avoid washing jeans or other heavy items with the cap
Did you know you can clean your favorite cap with baking soda? Indeed, it is possible due to the powder’s magical abilities to absorb dirt and moisture.
- Make a paste by mixing 8 tablespoons of baking soda with ½ cup of water.
- Take some with an old toothbrush and gently rub it over the entire surface of the hat in circular motions. But, do not rub too much so as not to damage the fabric.
- If there are stubborn stains, spray them with white vinegar and rinse with clear, cold water.
- Fill the cap with a clean, dry, lint-free towel and let it air dry.
Here’s how to clean a cap with baking soda
Tips and advice for washing a cap without damaging it
To preserve the specific shape of the structured elements of a cap, you have to know how to clean it properly
As caps have somewhat specific shapes, it is good to maintain them with care